- A review of recommendations from last year’s forum in Igloolik
- Reports on the Business Capacity and Start Up Fund, the Ilagiiktunut Nunalinnullu Pivalliajutisait Kiinaujat Fund Fund and the Wildlife Compensation Fund
- An update on major site activities, specifically focusing on Health and Safety, Environmental Effects and Monitoring Programs
- An overview of Shipping activities
- A summary of Inuit employment, training, and contracting over the last year.
Baffinland and QIA Release Annual Project Review Forum Report
At the outset of the Mary River project, Baffinland and the Qikiqtani Inuit Association (QIA) concluded the Mary River Project Inuit Impact and Benefit Agreement (IIBA), which describes each Party’s commitments to maximize Project-related benefits to the North Baffin communities. As part of IIBA implementation, Baffinland and QIA hold an Annual Project Review Forum to present their respective updates on the Mary River Project, discuss issues and concerns related to the Project operation, and develop recommendations for the Joint Executive Committee. This year, the forum was held in Arctic Bay on May 9 and 10 and featured representatives from Baffinland and the QIA, as well as representatives from Arctic Bay, Clyde River, Hall Beach, Igloolik, and Pond Inlet. Major topics of the forum included: