- Alice Ehaloak, one of our mine haul truck drivers, presented and participated in a Gender Diversity in Mining discussion panel. The session concluded with a conversation around some of the challenges and barriers facing women and steps to increase the role of women in the mining industry
- Jon Hey, project geologist, provided a detailed look at the geology, geochemistry, and age of the Mary River deposits
- Tom Iannelli, our head of exploration, provided an update of Baffinland exploration activities around the Mary River mine, as well as outlined some of our planned exploration activities for the coming years
- Rinaldo Stefan, vice president projects and project director, provided an overview of our expansion program, including the significant benefits of the Mary River mine and the high grade iron ore
- Phil Rouget of Golder also presented on Baffinland’s narwhal monitoring program in collaboration with Megan Lord-Hoyle, our director, corporate sustainability
Baffinland attends 2018 Nunavut Mining Symposium
From April 9-12, Baffinland attended, presented, and exhibited at the Nunavut Mining Symposium. Programming As part of the symposium, Baffinland had five presentations.