Introducing our new apprenticeship program
August 30, 2017
Baffinland is committed to ongoing skills development and training, particularly within the North Baffin communities. As part of this commitment, for the first time in our history, we are implementing an apprenticeship program for candidates interested in pursuing a career in the skilled trades with Baffinland.
We are excited to announce that we are currently recruiting 26 candidates, spread across eight positions. Positions include:
- Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Housing Maintainer
Recruits will join Baffinland as trades assistants for six months, job shadowing and learning about their perspective trade. Upon successful completion of the six-month term, candidates will write their Trades Entrance exam. Pending successful enrollment in that program, candidates will become fulltime, permanent apprentices at Baffinland.
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate certificate
- OR a pass mark in all five Canadian General Educational Development (GED) tests
- OR a successful completion of the trades entrance exam
- OR a successful completion of the trade specific pre-apprenticeship program at Arctic College
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this program, please review the trades apprentice positions here or visit one of our Baffinland Community Liaison Offices in the North Baffin communities.